Radionica engleski 25.

28. (you finish) with bathroom yet?
have you finished;

29. We (live) in Scotland until I (be) eighteen.
lived; was
why not:
had been living; was
StackOverflow:
In one book grammar stay as correct: We lived in Scotland until I was eighteen.
My question is, why is not correct to say: We had been living in Scotland until I was eighteen or We had lived in Scotland until I was eighteen.
Answer: Any of these may be correct (though the PaPfPrg is unlikely with an until clause). The propriety of using a perfect construction always depends on context.
Aha, "until" means like "when" like "Saturday" = we know when did they live in Scotland.
"until" is a good trick for strictly time and for past.

30. She (have) a hard life, but she's always smiling.
has had
Here is a word about the long long period and do not go past perfect progressive or past progressive, and there is no "when", "until" for say past "had"

Primjedbe